Samui Elephant Sanctuary (SES)
The first ethical & award winning elephant sanctuary on Koh Samui, Southern Thailand
This tour provides insights into the nature and importance of these majestic giants, with a unique opportunity to feed elephants. You can walk with them, and observe them as they forage, socialize, and play in their fabulous purpose-built pool.
The elephants in the care of SES have previously endured a hard life working long hours for tourist entertainment or in the logging industry. A stark contrast to the dignified, peaceful lives they now enjoy. The goal of Samui Elephant Sanctuary is to provide a happy home in nature for the herd where they are free to express their natural instincts and receive the care and respect they deserve.
In January 2020, we opened our second sanctuary in Chaweng Noi, exactly 2 years after we opened the first ethical sanctuary on Koh Samui.
Being able to acquire more land has afforded us the opportunity to rescue more elephants so that they can live out the rest of their days with dignity and respect. The new sanctuary will be the first on Koh Samui with an elephant clinic providing specialist treatment for our gentle giants.
All of this would not have been possible without the overwhelming support we have received from visitors over the past two years. We are eternally grateful for your help.
Rates & Prices
3,000 Baht p.p
CHILD 11 yrs & under:
1,700 Baht p.p
CHILD 4 yrs & under
Morning and Afternoon Program
These half-day programs offer a memorable experience of spending time with our beautiful herd in a natural setting. To be in the presence of elephants is breathtaking and we are sure that your day at Samui Elephant Sanctuary will leave you deeply moved. Join us to witness just how incredible the largest land animal on earth truly is.
- Hotel pick up – we pick up from all accommodation on Koh Samui. Please see below for pick-up times.
- Welcome and introduction video on who we are and why elephants need to be protected.
- Prepare food for the elephants and then meet and feed the elephants. This is a magical experience and the elephants of course love their basket of treats.
- Walk with the elephants and observe them as they express their natural behaviors, such as foraging for food, bathing in the pool, and playing in the mud pit.
- Enjoy a light vegetarian meal and fresh fruit with time to rest, relax and take in the tranquility of our sanctuary.
- Complimentary filtered water, coffee, and tea.
- Transfer back to your hotel.
- Transportation and a delicious light vegetarian meal
- DEPOSIT REQUIRED – Please pay the remainder in cash on arrival – credit cards are not accepted (Thai Baht only)
- You will receive a confirmation email with your full details, including the pick-up time from your hotel